Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wow!


This is my dear friend Mitch. We went to high school together and were friends our senior year (yes, he is my age, despite the fact that he looks like he's in junior high). I hadn't seen him since graduation and the only time we'd talked since then was the typical new-friends-on-facebook-say-hi type of thing. He's going to that Advancing Technology school (can't remember the name) and this picture is from when they had a fake blood bash.

Well about a month ago, he randomly sent me a message on Facebook asking if I was in town and, if I was, if I wanted to be in a movie he was making. It was a 5-minute "horror" film (it wasn't exactly horrifying, just creepy). He started out writing it for fun and showed it to his teacher, who said it was really good and he should turn it into his end-of-the-semester project. Basic plot:

A man is driving in the middle of nowhere and sees a ghost-like girl (ME!) walking on the side of the road. He drives past her and looks back but she is not in the rear-view mirror. He turns the radio on and the announcer says there is a crash nearby and that emergency vehicles are on their way. He sees the girl again and this time pulls over to ask if she's okay. Turns out it was her prom night and her date was a creep so she decided to walk home. He offers her a ride and she (stupidly) accepts. As they drive, they come upon the accident and pull over. The girl gets out to see if the man inside the truck is okay. She opens the door, he falls out dead into her arms. The dead man is the same man that just gave her a ride. And then the movie ends.

So at first I was excited. Then the more he talked about it, the more nervous I got. I am very outgoing around my friends but when I'm in a group of new people, I am sooo shy....so I was nervous to act in front of all his friends (his "crew"). I was also nervous to hold some guy I'd never met in my arms. Yeah awkward.

Well last night we filmed the movie! You can ask Jorge and Travis I was absolutely DREADING it!! I was sooo nervous and just so mad at myself for telling Mitch I'd do it. Luckily my friend Katherine came with me so it wasn't as scary. But it turns out it wasn't scary at all!!! It was soooo fun!!!!! All the guys we worked with were way cool (except one was creepy and stared at me a lot) and the other actor was really nice. We filmed part of it at South Mountain and the rest of it in a dark parking lot (the car ride...they had all these cool effects to make it look like the car was really moving). We started about 6 or 6:30 and didn't finish til 12:30 or so!! His project is due TODAY so he stayed up all night editing it. I am so excited to see the finished project! He said he'll give me a copy of it, and he'll put it on Facebook and Youtube so maybe you guys can see it sometime if I'm not too embarrassed.

Overall it was a great experience and really neat and fun. And it was good to see Mitch again! He is such a cool guy!! And I think he's just about the only non-LDS Eagle Scout that I know haha.

The end.

1 comment:

Linda and Rhonda said...

Woah Lisa, cool stuff! That movie sounds creeeeeeepy!!!! I'm a baby when it comes to scary stuff like that! I bet you did amazingly awesome in the movie, I can't wait to see it!
~Frhonda~