Saturday, April 4, 2009

Derek Mathias Schell and more!

It's crazy to me how smells can have such a powerful effect on me. Sometimes I'll catch a whiff of something or someone that really strongly brings back a memory or feeling, it is so nostalgic!! This comes to my mind because tonight at work I was on register and this grandma lady and her grandson walked up and one of them (I'm pretty sure the little boy) smelled just like my best friend Derek did in high school. I literally sat there inhaling with my eyes closed for like 5 seconds (that doesn't sound long but try inhaling deeply for 5 seconds!) haha it sounds creeperish of me!!! But it was the weirdest thing....all of these memories/feelings about Derek came back to me and I felt like we were best friends again. (We're still friends but it's more of a text each other every couple of months thing. It's sad..) I felt something physically too, almost like I was about to hug him or something, it was so weird. I really almost cried. I miss Derek a lot.


I think I wrote about him in my post from several months ago about people I love...but here I go again! Haha. I don't know if he even knows how much he affected my life....I've told him but I don't think he really knows. My sophomore year in high school was terrible but Derek was there for me the whole time. He helped me through that awful year. There are few people I have cared for as much as I cared for Derek. He is so great!
On another note, I'm excited for tomorrow!!! General conference!! Celesta, Brianna, Travis, Travis and I are going over to Jorge's to make a huge delicious breakfast and then watch conference tomorrow since it will be Jorge's first time since he got baptized. I'm really really excited!! :D I love all my friends so much! And I absolutely love listening to conference, it makes life so much better, more meaningful, and more hopeful. It's great!
The other night Travis and I went to a concert. Suburban Legends and Forever the Sickest Kids played, along with 4 other bands. It was the longest concert ever!! Like 4.5 hours it was crazy....but it was so good! Suburban Legends was amazing as always!! And before the concert I only knew 2 or 3 songs by FTSK but they were sooo awesome! I bought their album (like 10 songs for only $7 on Itunes!) and oohhh my goodness! So amazing. As a matter of fact I'm listening to them right now. Anyways.
And now I'd better get to bed because I need to wake up in like 6-7 hours and I've really been slacking in the sleep department lately haha.....bye!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you know of all your sense, smell has the strongest ability to being back memories. They say you should always use the same smells while studying and then right before you take a test.

Thanks for commenting...again :)