Okay so I have an important story to tell. It all started tonight in the Walmart parking lot. (Okay I promise this is not a creepy or inappropriate story.) Travis Birch and I hung out tonight and we didn't know what to do, so we decided to be bums and go to Walmart. As we were leaving at about 10:20, there were tons and tons and tons of moths flying around the lights in the lot. Travis named it the cloud of moths.
After I got home from dropping Travis off, I noticed there were about 6 or 7 grasshoppers on my front porch. And that was only under one porch light. We have 3. So I suppose there were really probably closer to 15 or so. I texted Travis and told him I believed the cloud of moths we saw was actually a cloud of grasshoppers. He texted me back and told me there were several grasshoppers outside of his house, too, and that maybe it was a sign of the Second Coming. (For real!!)
I was sitting on the couch and Travis (my brother) commented about the number of grasshoppers that were swarming outside.
My whole family went to bed. And THEN!!! I noticed there was a grasshopper flying around in my house!!!!! I have a question to ask: WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?!?! When I was younger I used to spend my entire recess catching grasshoppers and butterflies and dragonflies and ladybugs. Literally the entire recess. But NOW I absolutely FREAK out if a creature lands on me. Especially in my hair. So naturally I was sitting there paranoid that this grasshopper was going to jump me. Jump on me. Whatever.
I made some feeble attempts to catch it...and somehow thought I would be able to do that without it touching my hands. Hah. Needless to say I did not catch it. It kept flying all over the place, doing crazy spirals and spins and flips in the air then landing for a few minutes. I decided it was time to pray...I know, I am that pathetic. (Not that praying is pathetic. But I think praying for protection from a grasshopper might be a little pathetic.)
So I said a prayer that went something like this: "Please bless the grasshopper. Please bless that it will not land on me. Please bless that I can somehow get it out of the house."
What should happen next but a miracle.
My dear beloved doggy Scruffy wanted outside. I opened the backdoor for him. Don't jump ahead of yourselves in the story! The grasshopper did not miraculously jump outside. Something even better happened.
As Scruffy walked past me to go outside, the grasshopper JUMPED ONTO THE DOG and rode on his fur outside into the night!!!!!!!!!!! THAT was the most HILARIOUS answer to a prayer I have EVER received. Heavenly Father DOES listen and He DOES have a sense of humor!! Hahaha. Just thought I'd share!!!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I love this! And I love that you recognized it was an answer to prayer! You are awesome!
Hey praying for a grasshopper is not pathetic, I think that is what you were being taught here lol But that is SWEET!!
Post a Comment