Tuesday, May 5, 2009

If I was rollin' in the dough....

Alright so lately I've had a lot of things on my "want" list. Absolutely none of them are needs. But if I were to have more money I might waste some of it on the following. Here goes:


Getting my hair done. Not necessarily like this, I just like her hair.
I kind of want undertones.
(P.S. I think I'm going to let my hair go back to its natural color.)
$30-$60


Get new acrylics.
Not right now, though, just sometime.
But those of you who know me know I'm more of a black-tip fan...
$25-$40


One of the three following tees.
(The Rocket Summer is a band...listen on my music at the bottom.)
$16

$16

On sale for $5.99...I just might get it!
And this Rocket Summer hoodie.
Cute paper cranes.
$40

I discovered this new band Goot.
Actually it's a boy named Alex Goot. Similar to Rocket Summer.
Great music.
$15

I bought two of Goot's albums.
This is one I don't have.
$9.99


The Pink Floyd shirt I have has many holes. So sad.
I am in want of a new one.
$20


This awesome Muse shirt.
One of my favorite bands and I don't have any of their merch...
How did that happen??
$20

A pair of red-orange Vans.
I'm not really sure why I like this color so much, and it matches
with approximately one shirt that I own.
That I can think of anyway.
$40

I just love this picture.
But it represents new speakers for my car (*cough* since I blew mine out!).
(Rough estimate...) $150 and up. Way up.

And finally a bread machine for my mom.
Especially since Sunday is Mothers' Day/her Birthday.
Hers broke a little while ago.
$70-$100

I feel very greedy posting this. But it's just a wish list. Maybe I'll slowly make my way through it while still saving money. Sometimes I wonder why I couldn't be one of those random kids who happened to have a great job fall into their laps right out of high school. By great I mean benefits and a salary. Hmm.


Anyways, for a while (and maybe forever) the majority of these lovely items will be but a fantasy!


In other news: My life has reached a turning point of sorts.


Things are getting better with a certain friend of mine, which is very good and quite a relief. :]
I have missed our friendship.


I'm going to start going to the singles' ward in two weeks. More people my age. More friends. Future hubs????? Sooo scary! I will miss my little buddy Mario though. I'm going to go over to his house this week to take him a goodbye present and get a pic with him...I'll post it here when I do, if I remember.


I've decided I just want to stop trying to please everyone all the time. If this means sticking up for myself when someone I love is being (intentionally or unintentionally) condescending, so be it (yes, I have a specific person in mind. And no, it is not any of you dear bloggers). I am kind of tired of sacrificing my toes so I don't step on other people's toes. Now I'm not saying that I will purposely "step on people's toes," I'm just saying I've had enough of people doing it to me, especially when they know they do it (again, none of you). I will not adjust/alter my opinions to make other people like or view me better. I will learn to stand by myself. Not as in isolate myself and think I'm all high and mighty and better than everyone. Because I'm not. But just learn how to support myself when other people fall in and out of my life.


I've taken care of some stuff in my life that has needed sorting out. Over and done with, hopefully forever.


Stephen has a new girlfriend, and he was kind of rude about it. I miss the friendship I had with him and have doubts about whether it will continue at all or not. We can't hang out one-on-one anymore, and he never invites me to any group things we used to do. I was (and perhaps still am) bitter about the way he's been treating me, but I've decided if he's willing to throw away everything we had and how close we were together and not even try to maintain any type of friendship, maybe he's just not a good friend and I shouldn't waste my time or my emotions. That sounds really cold of me but he has hurt me possibly more than anyone else in the world. I still care for him, but I'm learning not to let that control my emotions when he treats me like a fish or a wall or something else lacking feelings and other humanesque qualities.


School's almost out; this means more time for projects. Thoroughly cleaning the bedroom. Sewing..who knows what? Bags, skirts, baby blankets for a certain pregnant lady... Organizing my stuff. Volunteering perhaps. Other stuff I had in mind that has escaped me at the moment...Oh yeah possibly adopting/training Joseph's dog. Hah.


Anyways, I know this is a totally random blog. I guess it's kinda to keep tabs on myself!


See all of you wonderful people later.


Night.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I like your wish list.
Especially the speakers picture!!

And also, more power to you with all the toe-stepping business. I'm trying to get better about that too. =]

I love you!!

Holly said...

You can step on my toes for practice! Just not when I'm wearing flip-flops... that would hurt...

Oh and boys? Who needs them!

By the way, we totally have to hang out this summer. Rabbid Wii party at my house? I say YES!!