So the night started out with Travis and Jorge coming to my house around 6. We hung out for a while, then went and picked Jordan up. Then we went to the good old OSP while we were waiting to pick up Anamin (she was trick-or-treating with her siblings until 7:30). After a while, Anamin met us there.
Well we stayed at OSP for like an hour just visiting and goofing around, it was really fun. I was dressed up like a hippie and Tripper was OBSESSED!!!!! He was making everyone look at my costume and the whole time we were there he was like, "You are the BEST hippie I've EVER SEEN!!!!" Haha I found it kind of humorous but also a little embarrassing because then everyone was looking at me. Also, Anamin and I were the only ones who dressed up (she was a mime) and I felt stupid!! But I love dressing up so it was okay. Oh excuse me, I forgot that Jorge dressed up like a "cool high school student." Yeah.
Anyways, after OSP we headed back to my house to get my camera, which was kind of pointless since I only got 3 pictures from the night and then my batteries died haha. Then we went to the Brinkerhoff's church building to play sardines. When we got there, Elyssa and Ross and some other people we didn't really know were there, and the guys were playing basketball. Travis kept saying he didn't feel good about playing sardines in the church building (and I kind of agreed with him...plus I just felt awkward around all the new people) so while the basketball game was still going on, him, Jorge, Anamin and I went into the YW's room to play the piano. I just have to say Travis is amazing at the piano! He was playing Coldplay songs...ahh it was so amazing and nice. I played some Jon Schmidt songs, and Jorge played that one Mario brothers song hahaha.
So the old church buildings, like the Brinkerhoff's, are super confusing to me since they're so twisty and turny and there's no logical layout to them (from what I can tell). That made it creepy because we were walking around with the lights off! haha. When we were in the YW room Travis kept turning the lights off. One time when he turned the lights off he dragged me out into the hall and we ran and hid in another room, then when Anamin and Jorge came to look for us he scared Anamin so bad, it was hilarious. Anyways...I'm including too many details.
Anamin and I had been planning on going to a haunted house and the sardines thing was kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing and Jordan really wanted to go. Well we still really wanted to go to the haunted house, so before they started sardines, Anamin, Jorge, Travis and I left. Jordan told us she had been to the haunted house at Fiesta Mall for only $10 the night before. So we headed out there, only to find out that it was only $10 on Thursdays. Otherwise it was $25!!! Death!!! So we left! haha. We decided to go to Applebee's, where Stephen met us. I just have to say that half-off appetizers after 10 at Applebee's is one of the best things ever.
Applebee's was HILARIOUS. Within about 3 minutes of our waitress, Gina, bringing us our drinks, Travis knocked his over. She was kind of rude about it, but in a half-joking way...and she brought him a new drink. Literally within another 3 minutes, that one got knocked over too! (Although this time it was Anamin's and my fault because of something with my camera across the table, I don't even know how it happened.) We were all laughing so hard we were pretty much crying it was so funny. When I write it out it doesn't sound really funny...but yeah, it was. hah. Gina hated us. Travis was sure she thought he was on drugs. When we were getting ready to go, I wrote on a napkin "Hey baby--call me (phone number) --Travis" hahahhaa so we're waiting for Gina to call him.
Along the same lines of drink spilling...last night after work I went out in the parking lot with my salad and my soda...and Travis managed to spill like half of my soda. Haha...he just has no luck with that.
Okay so really fast I'll write about Saturday. This was Stephen's and Seth's whole 102 thing. They literally passed out hundreds, maybe even thousands of flyers about this event, and a grand total of one person showed up as a result of the flyers. I felt so bad for Stephen because of all the hard work he put into it and it just didn't turn out...it was sad. Seth, Stephen, Kevin (one of our friends), Anamin and I were there, plus the kid Daniel who came because of the flyers. Anamin and I walked around for 2 hours putting Yes on 102 flyers on people's doors...it was hot and we didn't bring enough water. Needless to say we were both exhausted the rest of the day, especially at work, and we both had headaches haha.
After we were done passing out all of our flyers, we went to QT to replenish our dwindling internal liquid supplies. Then we went over to Travis' house for a little bit. Again, it was one of those things where we really did nothing at all but for some reason it was way fun.
I took one picture of myself but it was disgusting so I deleted it.
THE END.



No comments:
Post a Comment