Sorry this post will have no pictures--I'm at work so don't have access to any of them. :]
So as I mentioned before, I got a job at BYU Independent Study. Basically I answer phones. And it's super chill.
Here's why I love my job:
-It's really relaxed. In between calls you can do basically whatever you want as long as it's not Facebook or online shopping. Hence my blog-updatingness. Also, I read a lot of Harry Potter. Aahh.
-The people I work with are super nice and don't mind that I ask a million questions. Also my cousin Matthew works here.
-We have "teams." And I'm on the best team--Team Bangarang. Team Bangarang in and of itself is something too long for one bullet so I'll write more in a minute.
-I get to practice my Spanish. Hardly anyone here speaks Spanish so whenever we get a Spanish call, it often gets transferred to me. I just got done with one in fact. :]
-It's 20 hours a week but since it's not a hugely demanding job, it's perfect for my schedule, and I get most of my homework done during work.
-You sit wherever there's an open computer, so you sit by a lot of different people. Great way to get to know people.
-I have an extension!! Like on the telephone! How cool is that? In case you all want to know it's 41888. I feel important.
Alright so here's why Team Bangarang is great.
-No other team (as far as I know) has actually named their team. Furthermore, our team has a blog. That is right. teambangarang.blogspot.com
-Back in the high school age of myspace, my display name was (and I think still is...haha) Bangarang.
-The term "bangarang" comes from the Lost Boys in the movie Hook. Hook is in my top 5 favorite movies, and I've always wanted to be a Lost Boy. I'm completely serious!!
-Our team mascot is Darth Vader. FYI I have a Star Wars poster hanging in my room. Also when you go to our blog, the Imperial March plays.
-Every Friday we have team meetings in which our team leaders are supposed to go over policies with us. Hah. Here's what we've done for our team meetings since I've worked here:
1. Had a pinata. Proceeded to get the head of the pinata stuck in the rafters.
2. Went to the creamery to get ice cream.
3. Took "awkward family photos" which can be seen on the team blog.
4. Had a Mexican fiesta. Basically we just ate tons of Mexican food.
5. This week we celebrated my and Hollie's birthdays by having cake and ice cream and taking that personality color test.
So basically, if you overlook the every now and then super-rude-crabby-shouty calls you get (nothing any worse than what you get at OSP), Independent Study is a great place to work.
Nothing will ever take the place of OSP in my heart though.
I will be home Thursday March 18-Sunday March 21 (for Jorge's farewell, which is super bittersweet) and I can BARELY CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!!!!! I dreamed about it last night.
Later.
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hooray! I'm glad your new job is so wonderful!! Way to party it up Flisa my dear. BWAH!!! I can't wait to see you!!! The 18th can't come soon enough!
~Rhonda~
Post a Comment