Monday, March 29, 2010

Pictureless Yet Again

Sorry homies, I'm at work again so I don't have access to any pictures (except on Facebook, which I am not allowed to access :[ ). So you will have to suffer through yet another black-and-white reading.

So home was AMAZING. So amazing. I have the greatest pictures but I think most of you have seen them on Facebook. I can't believe Jorge LEAVES in 9 days!!! My little Forehead going on a mission! I'm so so sad but so so happy. During his farewell talk I just kept crying. It was amazing. I can't believe Jorge, he's so incredible!!! I just love his testimony, it's so simple and pure and powerful. And man I think part of my crying was the fact that he was crying. And Sister Birch. And an old lady in the front. And Jorge's mom. Big surly Travis even almost cried. It was great. And as sad as I am I won't be able to really talk to him for the next 2 years, I received such a powerful impression while he was speaking that this is obviously the right thing for him to be doing, that there is nothing else more important or better for him at this time in his life. He is going to be an amazing missionary, I can't wait!!!

This past weekend was fabulous. My roommate Katherine had a friend from home who goes to BYU-I come down to visit with her roommate. Their names are Sara and Jane and let me just say they are some of the funnest girls ever!! We're trying to convince them to transfer down here...and I think Jane's gonna do it. Saturday was the Festival of Colors at the Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork. It's for an Indian holiday. It was a BLAST as usual. See Facebook for pics, or maybe I'll post some on here soonishly. Later that evening me, Katherine, Jane, Lacey, and her/our friends Felicia, Cody, and Allen went up the canyon and had a bonfire. Quite marvelous. Pictures of this on Book of Face as well.

So Saturday did not conclude the fabulous weekend. Sunday was great. Sara and Jane were driving back up to Idaho at 11, so Katherine and I skipped our church (which is at 10) to stay with them. We then went to Lacey's ward at 1. It was their Fast Sunday so we got to hear the testimony meeting. It was sooo good. So many things were said that I needed to hear. It was perfect, I guess I don't really know how else to describe it. Things were said like choosing happiness now, not waiting to be happy but finding happiness every day. Relying on God through hard times. Dealing with homesickness. It was just amazing.

After church my home teachers came over. Actually one home teacher came and he brought his roommate with him because his companion just left on a mission. My home teacher's name is Brett and his roommie's name is Zach. One of the very first things Zach said when he walked into our apartment was: "You guys don't have a TV!? I'm going to find you one. No really, I am going to find you one." So random but super nice??? It totally caught me off guard. The lesson was about praying to be an instrument in God's hands to help people join/come back to the church. Brett asked me to think of a specific person and I did so. I'm not going to give up hope on this person, as stubborn as he is haha.

At the end of the lesson, they asked the typical, "Is there anything we can do for you?" And I said, "Yes actually....do either of you know anything about cars?" My car is basically dying. My roommate Mikelle said it sounded like the transmission but Jonny said he didn't think it was. Anyways, it turned out that Zach knows a lot about cars. I told him what was wrong and he said he'd help me. I said, "Oh my gosh..thank you so much, I have completely been stressing out about this the last 2 months!!" And I was just freaking out haha. And this also caught me completely off guard--he just looked at me and said, "Hey, don't stress out. It'll be okay, it's just a car. I'll help you." It totally calmed me down. What in the world!?!? Who is this boy!?!?

We had an Easter devotional last night so he said he'd come over a bit before then. As Katherine and I lay so comfortably and 6-year-old-ishly on my mattress watching The Little Mermaid, my phone rang. It was a 480 number...somewhere from home. I answered it and it was Zach. !?!? He's from Gilbert it turns out. So....weird. So I go out to meet him in the parking lot. He's still in his Sunday clothes and starts looking under my hood. I held his tie and sunglasses for him (PS--he smells soooo good. I might have sneakily smelled his tie in fact). Then he decided maybe a white shirt and engine grease shouldn't mix, so he ran back to his apartment to change and get something for my car. When he got back he was like crawling all over the ground under my car, still in his Sunday pants. I couldn't believe how nice he was being...I kept apologizing and saying I felt bad about him getting dirty but he just kept saying, "Girl, don't worry about it. It's totally fine." (By the way, super cute how he always would call me "Girl." He also says my name a lot, which I like as well. :] )

So after he looked under the hood for a bit he said he wanted to ride in it to see if he could get a better feel for the problem. So we drove around for a bit. Unfortunately Mikelle was right, my transmission's going. Apparently first gear is totally shot. And when the transmission completely goes, my car will basically be totaled. So many memories in my car!! The road trips with friends and the Sonic-eating with Travis and the rocking game and so much more... Ahh sometimes I wish I wasn't so sentimental....ugh. But he told me a few things I can do to prolong its life.

Anyways while we were driving, he asked who I was going to the devotional with. I told him I was going with Katherine and asked who he was going with. He said no one, then asked if I wanted to go together. !!! Of course I said yes. So we went to the fireside together (which was so so good by the way, there was tons of music). After the fireside he invited Katherine and I back to his apartment for a bit, and then we all went over to Lacey's and played the game Curses. It was a lot of fun.

On the way to the fireside, I told him I made him cookies for helping me with my car. It turns out he's on a no-fast food/soda/dessert diet. Boo. But he said, "You know what you can do instead? You could make me a delicious, low-fat dinner." Soo...is that basically a date?? Oh man. The latch on my hood is missing a bolt so when you shut it, you have to literally slam it for it to close. He told me he was going to find a bolt and put it in for me. He was also looking for the transmission fluid because he has some stuff to put in it, but he couldn't find where it was under the hood. So he told me tonight after he gets off work at midnight (he makes synthetic diamonds for a drilling company..!?) he'll look up my car model and figure out where the transmission fluid is in the engine and come back and put that in for me.

So basically I am, as my dad would say, twitterpated. I just hope he's not one of those boys who's super nice to everyone and doesn't realize girls thinks he likes them. That is my story.

Sherwood tomorrow night!!!

2 comments:

Linda and Rhonda said...

Oh my! What fun you've been having! He's fixes cars, and he's cute...right? I love you my Flisa!! Hope everything works out. Oh, and I'm loving the picture-less post. :)
~Frhonda~

Lauren said...

I WANT TO MEET HIM!! Ahhh!!! I'm such a girl and soooo excited for you right now!!! We need to hang out so you can gush more and more!! I love this stuff...the not-sure-if-he-likes-you-but-you're-crushing-big-time-on-him!! Ah! That's it, forget my homework, we're hanging out!!!!

P.S. I'm glad I wasn't molested too. Hahaha I love you.