Thursday, September 24, 2009

I Would Like Everyone to Know

that life is grand!!!

My application to BYU is almost finished (and due October 1st haha). I just have to pay the application fee and meet with my stake president. I am excited to go back (as long as I get accepted). I'm still super sad about leaving Travis, Jorge, Celesta, and all my other OSP buddies...but life will go on...I just have to keep reminding myself that both Travis and Jorge will be gone soon and at the rate boys fall for Celesta, she'll probably be married soon. Haha.

I went in to see my bishop on Tuesday night to talk about some stuff and get my ecclesiastical endorsement. A few months ago I was called as the ward choir pianist and as one of the ward pianists (meaning I take turns in the organ-playing rotation..did I already post about this). Anyways I still haven't been set apart which is my fault because I was supposed to go in and they'd do it but I kept forgetting or it'd be really crowded by the bishop's office and I'd plan on doing it the next week. Anyways. I mentioned that to him and he was like, "Oh! Well I'll get Brother Gardner to come over and we'll do it right now!" Bro. Gardner is one of the counselors and he was in the next room over. So they did it. At the end of the blessing, the bishop paused and then he blessed me about work and money and being able to afford school. Which is such a testimony builder!! Because I've been stressing about that and did not mention it to him at all.

Anyways, so my dad has this friend at work who has a daughter about my age and she works with special needs kids and makes $9/hour and the scheduling is pretty flexible. Also, Lauri Hickman told me that Karen Gibson has this job where you start at like $11.50 and they're hiring like crazy right now. The only thing is they do drug testing (I'm clean I promise!) and I've heard that it costs businesses around $1,000 for each employee. So I doubt they would want to hire me if I'll be leaving in January. Anyways, after the blessing, what am I supposed to do? Does it mean I should look for a different job that pays better? Or does it mean that soon I'll be able to get a lot of hours at OSP (because of winter of course) or a raise or something? I don't know. I need to think/pray about all of it. I just thought it was neat that this was in my blessing.

Here's something totally random: A lot of times when I'm bored or stressed, I bite my nails. Bad habit, I know. Well lately I've discovered that as I sit and work on homework, I automatically start pulling mascara off of my eyelashes. Weird??? Yes. Also annoying.

The other night Travis and I went over to Celesta's. Apparently Celesta's and my girl-talk was boring Travis because he fell asleep. I really want to put this picture on Facebook for all of the world to see but I know I would be dead within 10 minutes of him seeing it haha. So I will post it here, where he rarely looks:




Funny, huh?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

When I was teaching Special Ed I was always looking for aids to hire in my classroom. I bet you could find a job doing that if you wanted. Just look on the local school district web sites.

GOOD LUCK!

Linda and Rhonda said...

Lisa, I will miss you oh so very much when you leave!!! Bah!! Sad thoughts. But somehow we'll survive, and you'll have a blast! That picture of Travis is hilarious!! What a goofy kid. Thanks for posting it! Oh, and I'm glad you enjoyed my death post. :)
~Rhonda~

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh, I love it when stuff like that happens in blessings! It just makes you realize how much the Lord knows you and is looking out for you ALL the time, even with things you don't think he would be.

I am SO excited that you are coming back here! Once that application is submitted, I am praying that you get back in (which I'm sure you will!!!) I miss you so much!!!

The Beachs said...

Lisa! Don't leave me again!!!! But I understand. I think this time it will be easier because youre not having to deal with a long distance relationship. You should look into respite care, that is working with special needs children on your own schedule. One place to look is called the Marc center. My mom does that. I love getting blessings that are so inspired. The priesthood is an amazing thing that I think doesn't get the magnitude of appreciation that it deserves. Plus I love this picture of Travis, thank you for posting it, lol. Love you!