
Last October, they lost their 10-year-old son, Noah. He suffered from hydranencephaly, a condition in which before he was born, a great portion of his brain was replaced with fluid. He was severely physically and mentally handicapped his whole life. The doctors said he wouldn't live past age 4, but through great love and care from his family, he lived to be 10.

From reading Lisa's blog, the heartache she and her family have felt from losing Noah is so apparent. They have remained so happy and optimistic, but their sorrow is incredible.

About a week ago, the family went on a vacation with aunts, uncles, and cousins. Lisa wrote about how she was sure it would be so different as Noah wouldn't be with them, but that she hoped it would be a time of healing for the family.
While on vacation, Lisa's husband, Aaron, suffered a massive and unexpected heart attack and passed away. Now, not only are Lisa and her three boys, Jalen, Harrison, and Kobe, mourning the loss of their son and brother, they are also mourning the loss of their husband and father.
Reading Lisa's blog literally brings me close to tears every single time. She is so strong and has such a great outlook on her situation, but I can't even begin to fathom the pain she is in. I can't even imagine how horrible it would be to lose Dan, and we've only been married for a little more than a month. Her life has been completely turned upside-down during the last 4 months.

One of Lisa's amazing friends set up a donation page for the King family. You can find that RIGHT HERE. If you are able, it would be so awesome if you could donate even just a little bit. They have raised almost $30,000 in 3 or 4 days from people all over the world. That is so incredible! (Sidenote--they live in Australia so if you choose to donate, make sure you change the country to USA so you can put in the right billing info.)
Just from reading Lisa's blog my heart has changed so much. I am so much more grateful for Dan and for my family and have really tried to increase my patience and love. It is so scary to think that I could lose any of them at any given moment. I really think that is my biggest fear. Ever. But I know that when you stay close to the Lord (which is so apparent that Lisa King has...otherwise I don't know how she'd be able to keep herself together so well!) you can make it through anything.
Consider helping out if you can!! And spread the word!! If you want to post it on your blog or facebook, that would be awesome. I'm planning on posting it on my facebook too once I get home. Thanks in advance if you're able and willing to help.



No comments:
Post a Comment