Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm Moving to Mexico.

You may ask what I have been up to since I last posted. I give you permission.


Oh you want to know? Okay well here it is:

Katherine turned 21 on February 8th. She'd never had her ears pierced. Since my roommate Ashley and I have both pierced our own ears, she decided she wanted us to pierce hers. Here she is icing them up:


Well, we made two mistakes. 1: We used a small needle. 2: We did one at a time. Results?
1: The hole made by the needle wasn't big enough for the earring so it literally took like 10 minutes to get the earing through her ear.
2: The first one hurt her enough that she chickened out and wouldn't let us pierce the other one. She still has only one ear pierced. And as I mentioned before, she's a ballerina, so she has to wear her hair up in a bun every day. I love her.

One night Katherine and I decided to go dumpster diving. She'd heard Krispy Kreme throws out their left-over doughnuts still in their boxes. I'd heard that floral shops throw out bouquets of flowers. Here is our start-of-adventure picture:


And here we are at a dumpster behind a floral shop:




Here's the dumpster. Unfortunately, this floral shop seems to mutilate their flowers before throwing them away. Maybe it's the tactic they use to prevent people from dumpster diving.


Well, while we were digging through this trash can, we both heard sirens. We started freaking out because we knew some guys in a car at the stoplight had seen us, so we booked it to my get-away car (hah...my get away-away car that literally takes 10 seconds to move when I'm pushing down the gas pedal now and shakes violently...poor car :[ ) and drove away. Run from cops: check.
So after that adventure, we made our way over to Krispy Kreme. Unfortunately they were still open and were not due to close for another hour or so. Here is Katherine with the grocery bags we brought stuffed up her shirt:


She walked into Krispy Kreme like that. Awesome.

We also checked dumpsters behind a bridal shop and a furniture store. The only thing we got was a wooden crate that we'll burn whenever we end up having a bonfire in the canyon. So not so successful.
This is Katherine's, Lacey's, and my "sexy" picture:



If you ask me, we fail. Katherine looks ready to hurl, Lacey looks like some sort of peeping tom, and I look like Voldemort about to cast a curse.

We've been playing cards a lot. Here's Lacey. She fractured her wrist snowboarding. (Following photos courtesy of Jonathan Carroll. Annie's cousin, for those of you who know Annie.)



Here is Katherine.


And here I am.


Jonny kept incessantly flashing the camera in my face so to retaliate, I took this picture. Yes. Jonny and I have been married since my sophomore, his senior year of high school and we have 7 children, one of which is named Farakashitamaha, who lived in Syberia in a previous life. Our parents are in the same stake (I've known Jonny since I was like 6) and his dad regularly sees my parents. He always says to my mom, "So how's my daughter-in-law doing?" In fact, once I saw Jonny's sister at a fireside and she said, "I'm so sorry, I don't remember your name...I only know you as Jonathan's wife..." Lol. Let me just say this boy is so hard to read. I'll leave it at that. If you wish to know more, you may inquire within. Haha.


And now to address the title of this post: I'm moving to Mexico. For real. Here is a picture of Jorge representing Mexico. Don't worry it's not racist, I think he would greatly appreciate this.


So yeah I'm totally serious about Mexico. If all goes as planned, I will move to Mexico in either August or January for 4 months to teach English. I'm super super excited. The whole trip only costs $2500 (things like this are usually around $7000) and that includes airfare, food, and housing. I can't waaaaiitt!!! Hopefully it all works out. Plus the whole $2500 is tax-deductible since it's for service, so the agency said lots of people do fundraisers and get great outcomes.
Now I have to go to FHE (bowling!) so I must goooo but I suppose I probably have more to post. Oh yeah, like this is my third week at work and it's going swell. I'll post more later. Looove you all!!
P.S. Rhonda--remember our sad faces when someone didn't let all the pizza board things have their turn??? Well I making pasta from a box tonight and realized there were a few stragglers stuck in the bottom and I HAD to get them out so they wouldn't feel left out...I thought of you. :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. I wouldn't even let you do one. Scary.
What a brave girl!

You guys too much fun!

Linda Guthrie said...

Lisa, first you move to Utah and now you're going to the foreign land of Mexico?!?!?! I don't know if I can handle that!
By the way my bibliography is annotated (that's a weird word!) and I have to write all the other topics the book could cover other than the one I'm focusing on. It was killer, but I just finished it!
I hope school is going fantastically for you! I miss you a lot!